Homyhoo 10 Gallon Flip Top Potato Grow Bag
About this article
- High-quality material: Made of double-layer breathable non-woven fabric, the material is durable felt, the bag ensures good ventilation to prevent excessive moisture, also provides more oxygen for your plants. The strong and biodegradable material can extend the life of the bags, at the same time it does not cause pollution.
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: This grow bag comes with a large harvest window, through which you can check your plant and easily harvest vegetables. These grow bags are made from heavy-duty material to ensure that you can move around bags filled with soil.
- LARGE CAPACITY: These 10 gallon large capacity vegetable grow bags allow you to grow vegetables as much as you want. ZYUIWER Thanks to the large size, it will create a stable growing environment for vegetables and flowers.
- EASY TO MOVE – Strong handles make them easy to move as needed. These potato grow bags are perfect for use on patios, gardens, balconies, terraces, and any indoor or outdoor space. They can be used to grow potatoes, onions, taro, radish, carrots and other vegetables.
- Easy to store and reuse: The bags can be easily folded and do not take up much space when storing. Easily move and flap the lid to harvest potatoes without much effort. Put about 4-6 seeds in each bag. At the end of the growing season you can empty the bags, just wipe them clean and store dry.
Homyhoo Potato Grow Bag 4 Pack
Cloth grow bags are much better at controlling the temperature and water content of your growing medium than traditional plastic pots. In the cold, the fabric will keep your plant warmer, and in the hot sun your plant will stay cooler, so it doesn’t overheat. (ps: cloth bags may need more frequent watering, it’s due to the porous material that is less likely to hold in excess water as old plastic pot materials do)
1. Moisten the soil and compost mix. Fill about 1/3 full (6-8 inches deep) with a 50/50 mix of garden soil and compost.
2. Evenly space 3 to 5 seed potatoes and/or pieces (“eyes up”) and cover with 3 inches of soil.
3. As the potatoes continue to grow, continue adding soil/compost mix until you reach the top of the grow bag.
4. Water regularly. During the hot and dry days of summer, potato plants need to be watered once every 2 to 3 days. During cooler rainy days, potatoes may not need watering at all.
5. Look for signs when leaves start to yellow and stems wither. Then stop watering and wait a week or two. Potatoes are ready to harvest when more than 50% of the leaves have turned yellow.
air pruning function
Fabric grow bags help alleviate the problem because as the roots meet the edges of the fabric pot, they sense the drier soil that is exposed to the air. At this point, they know they have reached their growth limit. Roots become “air pruned” which is vital for growing healthy container plants. You’ll also get a lot more fibrous roots when air pruning. A more fibrous root system (lots of small root tips) allows plants to take up more nutrients and water.
Gris y negro, Varios colores